Try the dish that inspired The Prancing Chef to go to Culinary School. Having made this appetizer for over a decade, The Prancing Chef is still in LOVE with this dish. Simple, elegant, and a story that will keep you and your guests enthralled. This dish is a great show for your guests, as it is a flambéed appetizer!
- Large Prawns
- Sambuca Glaze
- Heavy Cream
- Green Onion
- Black Pepper
- Perfect Served Family Style, or Skewered for Tray Passed
Fig Mousse and Onion Bouchees
Have you ever wanted the flavors of a cheeseboard in one bite? This appetizer brings you there! Creamy, sweet, savory, this morsel will wow your taste buds and bring such a creative first bite to you and your guests!
- Puff Pastry Bouchee
- Macerated Calamyrna Figs
- Cream Base
- Fresh Garden Herbs
- Also available in Caramelized Onion and Bacon Jam, Sundried Tomato, and many other seasonal variations
- Perfect for Grazing Stations and Tray Passing!
Farmer's Market Salad
Inspired by the weekly Farmer's Market - this salad changes by event, by season. Each salad is unique to you and your event!
- Mix of Romaine and Mixed Greens
- Balsamic Dijon Vinaigrette
- Seasonal "Sweet" Toppings
- Seasonal "Savory" Toppings
- Seasonal "Crunchy" Toppings
- Perfect on a Buffet or Plated
Grilled Stonefruit Salad
If you wanted a salad that comes with a major WOW factor - this one is it! Using seasonally available stone fruit, The Prancing Chef grills the fruit to give it wonderful char, and balancing the sweet with wonderful umami depth.
- Arugula and Seasonal Greens
- Grilled Seasonal Stonefruit
- Herbed Ricotta
- Fresh Citrus Vinaigrette
- Perfect for Plated Events
72 Hour Espresso and Chili Short Ribs
This is the dish that made The Prancing Chef famous. Slow cooked for 72 hours, these short ribs steal the show, every time. Succulent, tender, and so much flavor in every bite they were the dish that coined the catch phrase "Excellence in Every Bite!"
- Beef Short Ribs
- Espresso and Chili Dry Rub (many other flavor variations available)
- Creamy and Herby Polenta
- Horseradish Whip and Red Wine Gastrique
- Slow Cooked Sous Vide
- Perfect as a Buffet, Family Style, or Plated
Roasted Salmon Mi-Cuit with Brown Butter Citrus Glaze
The Prancing Chef can never leave anything well enough alone. When asked to create a Salmon Dish and put it on a Buffet, The Prancing Chef took this as a challenge to create a salmon dish that would hold up served for large groups of guests, and stay juicy and tender from the first to the last guest. This dish revolutionizes salmon!
- Fresh never Frozen Salmon
- Dry Cured in Brown Sugar and Salt
- Sous Vide Cured Mi-Cuit
- Roasted with Signature Glazes - changes by season and menu
- Fall Apart Tender, Every Time
- Perfect on a Buffet, as Family Style, or Plated
Seasonal Berry Pot de Creme
The Prancing Chef takes as serious of an approach to dessert as he does to every other savory element that comes before. As the final dish of the evening, his Pot de Cremes can easily steal the show. Silky and delicious, covered in seasonal compotes and rustic whips, these desserts will amaze your guests.
- Farm Fresh Eggs - Every Time
- Slow Cooked Sous Vide for Sublime Texture
- Seasonal Compotes based on fresh ingredients
- Sweet and Decadent
- Perfect Plated
Cheesecake Stuffed Profiteroles
You've never had Cheesecake until you've had this Cheesecake. Stuffed inside of Profiteroles this Cheesecake is sweet, tart, and perfectly silky. Each profiterole can be covered in fresh fruit compotes or chocolate ganaches, and you'll keep going back for more!
- Farm Fresh Eggs - Every Time
- Fresh Citrus Zest
- Piped into Handmade Profiteroles
- Smothered in Chocolate or Berries
- Simple, Sweet, and Delicious
- Perfect for Family Style and Buffets